Monday, July 26, 2010

The Plan Part 1--Exercise? UGH

Recently my daughter and I went to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Isle's of Adventure. We knew it would be crowded. We got there early and wanted to get to that part of the park as quickly as possible. She had mapped out the route we would take. As soon as we got our tickets we were off. Correction...She was off. I was huffing and puffing behind her trying to keep up. As I looked at her I realized she really wasn't walking all that fast. I was just walking very slowly.

My first step to a healthier life is to pick up the pace. That's bad news for Maggie. When I walk her, I've been letting her pick the pace. We stop and sniff at trees, poles, and visit with neighbors. I've seen our walks more as entertainment for her, than exercise for either of us. In the heat of the summer I am also hesitant to push her on long walks. All of this has helped me lose whatever pace I once had.

Now first thing after Larry leaves for work in the morning I head out on a fast walk. Maggie gets the slower walk in the evening. That's a win-win for me. 2 walks in one day. Yea! Unfortunately, I've tried this before, but something always comes up to interfere and break up the routine. My challenge will be to keep this up when fall hits and I have places to be in the morning, or in the winter when it is cold and snowy.

Keep with me. Help keep me honest and active!
Today's total--14, 152 steps!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment