Sunday, October 17, 2010

Resuming a Normal Lifestyle

I survived the 'party' last weekend, but not entirely unscathed. I hopped on the scales on Monday, and immediately hopped off again. Eww! I moved the scale around the floor, let it reset itself and clear its memory, and tried again...4 times. The scale was very consistent and very uncaring. I had popped up 2 pounds.

I relived the weekend, and thought about each treat I had allowed myself. It was no good. I just wasn't up to a guilt trip. I had such a good time and everything had tasted SOOO good! So I did an instant 'reset' on my status. Here were the facts.

I rewarded myself for losing 'almost' 10 pounds by enjoying friends, good food, and a fall festival. Why should I feel guilty? It was simply time to resume my normal lifestyle. Hmm, I liked looking at it that way; Resume my Normal Lifestyle. The weekend wasn't my normal lifestyle. It was just a weekend.

So I did resume my routine. I've walked, worked out, eaten reasonably, and enjoyed the occasional treat. At the end of this week I was 1/2 pound less than last week, which meant I had also re-lost the 2 pounds..

Of course, I probably would have fallen below the yellow line on Biggest Loser. And my team mates would have voted me off because of my cavalier attitude.... but that's why I'm 'Losing it Without Jillian".

No comments:

Post a Comment