Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Best Reward

One of the problems I have always had with sticking to a weight loss program is finding a reward that works. I guess I am too accustomed to the 'immediate gratification' syndrome of the day because if I want something I tend to get it.

For instance, I could say I would reward myself with a massage when I lost 5 pounds, but the truth is, if I really want a massage, I'll get one. If I want to go to a movie, I go. A really nice reward would be to treat myself to a nice dessert at a restaurant, but that really defeats the purpose doesn't it?

As a result, the reward part of dieting has never worked for me. Instead I had to find a way to simply motivate myself to keep at it. That was why I started this blog. Talking about my goals, my efforts, and my failures, as well as measuring those results turned out to be the best Diet Partner I could find. I have no idea why it works, but it does.

However, today I got the BEST reward. Last spring when my weight was obviously not coming down and my jeans were not expanding along with me, I gave in and bought a few new pairs. I came to realize the muffin top look spilling out over my waistband was not a flattering look, nor was it comfortable!
Today, I put on one of those jeans and I couldn't find my belt. It became quickly apparent I really needed the belt. They were falling off!!!!!!! They don't quite make it over my hips, but a few more pounds and they will.

Can you say HAPPY!!!!! The 'bad' news is that I'm not ready to buy new jeans yet. I need to lose another 5-10 pounds so that I can buy the size and fit I really want. I guess I'll have to scour my closet for a few pants to wear this winter until I'm ready to shop. It's been awhile since I've been this weight. I wonder what I'll find?

No comments:

Post a Comment