Saturday, November 6, 2010

Without Jillian? Why?

I am trying to lose 20 pounds. 30 by next summer. I would like to see it gone by Christmas and I am half way there. There is hope, but I am on this journey alone. I don't have a diet or a workout buddy. This blog seems to be my biggest source of accountability. Go figure! Why is this blog called "Losing it without Jillian"? 2 reasons, actually.

For one thing, I'm not on the Biggest Loser, so I don't have all of the resources that a person has when they devote 6 months of their life to losing 100 plus pounds. And I don't need to lose 100 plus pounds, so I don't need 'the ranch'! 

But the biggest reason I am losing it without Jillian is because there is NO WAY I could subject myself to any of the stuff those contestants subject themselves to. In my book, they are heroes who saw themselves as zeroes and decided to do something about it. I admire each of those contestants so much. Going to the gym is hard enough even when you are just a little overweight. I can't fathom how they stick to it and persevere when every part of their body must be screaming. I think the trainers are really good. (I do worry about the producers, though. I personally think some of the challenges the contestants are put through are dangerous and I've come to believe the trainers don't have much, if any, input on them.) I like Jillian and Bob and think most of the time they do a great job, but I would crumble on that treadmill when Jillian challenged me to 30 more seconds, or whatever, when my lungs were dying. No thanks. I'll do it my way.

But what if I actually was 100 pounds overweight? Where would I find the courage, or motivation to make that change? My next post is going to share the story of one girl trying to do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment