Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mid Week Busy-ness

I started the week out pretty well with a workout on Monday and getting all my Christmas decorations put away on Tuesday, but I haven't gotten out for a walk in the last couple of days. With sleet Tuesday, the sidewalks weren't safe, plus I was busy cleaning up all that holiday stuff. The good news is that I DID do almost 9,000 steps that day. During the holidays I ignored my pedometer. As busy as I was with company, I couldn't have walked anymore than I did, so I saw no reason to go into a serious depression because I was only attaining 5,000 or 6,000 steps a day!

Yesterday I only hit 5,000 steps, but it was my day to work at the food pantry. I wasn't able to do my work-out routine, but after packing all that food my shoulders, arms, back and abs, assured me I had had a workout anyway.

This is my 'busy week'. The 3rd week of the month I have the Food Pantry and the Corvette Club meetings on Wednesday, followed by Bible Study Thursday morning and Bunco Thursday night. The afternoons on both those days are short and a good time for errands so I rarely get to work out then. All of those specific activities severly curtail my opportunity for getting my 10,000 steps in.

Tomorrow is Friday. I need to start my morning with a good workout in order to keep on track. That's my plan. Meanwhile the scales are holding steady. As long as they don't go up......!

No comments:

Post a Comment