Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time to get back to it!

The holidays are over and the new year has begun. It is now time to resume my efforts to lose another 10 to 15 pounds. I find my biggest problem is getting back to a routine. Walking several days a week and working out a few days a week just hasn't happened. I've thought about it, but it seems to stop there. I suddenly find myself thinking of projects to work on.

The really good news is that somehow I made it through the holidays in very good shape. Neither Larry nor I put on any weight!!! That was the result I hoped for, but I didn't really expect it. I haven't measured myself yet, but again I don't expect any change there, either. It's possible I could find a slight increase in muscle area since I haven't been working out, but I had another suprise there today as well.

When I was dressing for church I put on a light blue sweater and without thinking, pulled out my navy slacks. I was dressed and heading out the door before it hit me. I had tried to wear the same outfit before Christmas but I couldn't button the waistband. This morning--no problem!!!

Last year my New Year's goal was to lose 25 pounds. I didn't make it, but I did the most important thing. I started. And I got almost two-thirds of the way there. So this year I hope to end the year at 125 pounds. That means I need to lose about 13 pounds... AND KEEP IT THERE.

Time to start working out. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment