Friday, January 28, 2011

Seeing a Difference

I've been much better this week. I've managed to work out every other day, even when I didn't want to. Today it is snowing, so my work out will actually come a little later when I go out to shovel snow. That is a full body workout--legs, back, arms, shoulders, abs. It pretty much hits all muscle groups, and is aerobic as well. There were times this week when I didn't want to walk or work out, but I took my own advice and just did it.

There was one day when I cut my walk short, which is unusual. Normally, once I start, the dog keeps me going and we do the full mile or go for 2. The day in question I was uncomfortable because the sidewalks were slippery, the streets were salty and it was late in the day when people were coming home from work. As I neared the entrance I felt more and more  like a target on the street, so we took the shorter inside route with less traffic and came home.

Best part??? Instead of losing my usual 1 pound I lost 1.5 pounds!!!! Even better, the inches really dropped off when I measured myself. Even that dastardly mid-section that just loves looking like a balloon gave up a couple of inches. That's what I'm looking for!

Today is cold and I will be outside soon shoveling snow. I usually wear long underwear under my sweats, but today I switched it up. I have my longjohns on under my jeans! No problem! Plenty of room. I may get into those size 10's yet. Here's hoping....

No comments:

Post a Comment