Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Best Effort

I'm really proud of myself today. I got up early knowing I had a 10:30 appointment and before I did anything else, (besides feed the dog of course--gotta have priorities!) I did a full workout. I was especially pleased with myself because I allowed myself no distractions, no excuses. I can spread a workout over an hour and a half, and heaven forbid I start to pant or perspire too much!
Today I just did it. I checked each exercise off the list. I did 3 sets of 15 reps. I powered through the exercises I hate. I Just Did It!
Hmmm, that reminds me. Didn't I do a post on this several weeks back? I believe I did. It was on August 13, and I titled it "Nike Was Right".
The hardest part about working out is getting started. Excuses are so easy to find. Too tired, too busy, not in the mood..... But when you start, you keep on going. I always surprise myself and do more than I think I will.
Winter or Summer, the excuses are there. In winter they are easier to find because I'm house bound. But the answer is still the same.
Nike was right. JUST DO IT!
And I did!  YEA, ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment