Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hangin' In There

Last week was a trip through the danger zone. It wasn't easy. I managed to keep some semblance of control, sort of. The week was fun, but it included dinners out, a couple of trips (long hours in the car, no exercise), and ample opportunities for alcohol. Hmmm, what do you tell yourself when all around you are downing all the things you aren't supposed to?

I'll tell you what I tell myself. "I'm not getting on the scale tomorrow!" Look, if I had will-power in the first place I wouldn't be doing this blog would I? If I had will-power I would be eating salads every day, enjoying one glass of wine, sipping it slowly through the meal, and would casually wave away the desserts, appetizers and other gremlins staring out at me from the table. Well, let me put you at ease. I don't have will power! So here is basically how the last week went.

Bad news first... spinach-artichoke dip with crisp and delicate chips when I had lunch with Kim... French fries, and ice cream on the trip home from Kim's. It's a 4 hour drive and when I drive I nibble...wings and beer with my hubby on one of the few nights out we've had...I like beer, but my hips love beer. :( ....trip to my mother-in-law's house, and a 2 day car show which included dinner at a friends...I lost track of the little chocolate bite sized candies that M-I-L keeps in a bowl by the chair I sit in. I think she refills it every time I leave the room... and of course she had to have a new box of chocolate covered donuts.... they stared at me first thing in the morning.... those little 'o' faces followed me all around the kitchen until I had to snatch a couple.... wine at the friends, 2 ears of corn YUMMM! My Favorite summer food and my BIGGEST diet no-no... beer at the car show--only one day though! I stuck with water the next day:)... Golden Corral for dinner... HELLO! I am trying to lose weight here? And I get to go to an All You Can Eat Place????

OK, it wasn't all bad.

The Good News... I had a salad for lunch with Kim... Wings are actually on my diet, which is one reason I like Atkins :)... I walked a mile to 1 1/2 miles on 2 of the 3 days we were at my mother-in-law's. I avoided all the "fair" foods at the car show... and the upside to Golden Corral is that I ate all the meat I wanted, and skipped the starches. I had some fruit and salad and when it was time for dessert Larry came back with a piece of chocolate cake and 2 cookies. We shared the cake which was great. I would have loved a whole piece for myself, but just a few bites satisfied me so I didn't eat a lot of dessert!

At any rate, it was a tough week so, for now, I'm skipping the scales. Who needs to be hit on the head when they've already been kicked in the butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment