Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekends are tough!

I've really been doing pretty well on my plan. Through the week I've kept up an active exercise program, and I've watched what I eat. But the last 2 weekends have been difficult. Last weekend was the Corvette Club picnic with lots of good food, beer and wine. For the most part I managed to snack conservatively. The main appetizers were cheese and crackers which fit my plan, although I had to be careful about how many crackers I took. I avoided all the chips!! Yea! (I LOVE chips...all kinds).

The meal was ok too. I took small helpings, avoided the pasta salad, had some of the fresh fruit salad and generally behaved myself.... right up to the desserts. I mean, really, it isn't fair. I'm trying my best. I'm following all the rules and then the dessert table is loaded with lots of yummy treats. I tried to be 'better than usuual' which only means I didn't try everything I wanted to, but I should have been better than I was.

This weekend we went to a Re-committment Ceremony and outdoor barbecue held by 2 corvette club members. In this area there is a tradition of homemade cookies at weddings and we have some fantastic cookie bakers in our corvette club. Several of us brought appetizers and I took a fruit tray. At the barbecue I was pretty good and took small portions, no seconds, but the appetizer tent before the ceremony was a land mind that really tripped me up.

So here is the problem! I have to learn how to talk myself past the goodies. The last time I was on the Atkins diet my mindset was clearer. I remember seeing a big cake and having none. For me that was a HUGE accomplishment. At the end of the year parties and picnics I was strong. I need that strength back. The weekend parties are over for awhile, but I need to get my mindset in line before the next land mine attacks!

Today's total--9,049 step

No comments:

Post a Comment