Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Think I Need A Boost

I think I need a boost. A boost of energy, a boost of motivation, a kick in the butt.... something. I have worked really hard out in the yard the last couple of weeks. I have exercised every day. I usually take a day off from walking on the weekend, but get back to it on Monday.
Yesterday I was stiff and a little sore. I had a lot of work to do and I gave myself permission to take a day off and catch up on other things. At the end of the day I had still managed around 9600 steps so that wasn't too bad.
This morning it was cloudy and wet from the rain last night. I knew even if I went out to walk I would be soaking wet when I got back either from rain or humidity. I wasn't in the mood. And I had that book to finish...
So it's 4:00 and I've walked a total of 3900 steps. The sun is out but it is really hot. I know if I just go out and walk 1 mile I can be done in about 20 minutes. Now I just have to talk myself into my shoes and out the door.
Tomorrow I hope I can start out early the way I like to. That seems to get my day going in the right direction.
Today's total--so far--3934 steps.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Connie, it is good to have a plan and to have a goal. I am the same, it is harder for me to get my workout clothes on than to actually work out. You should get someone that you can be accountable to, then you will work out because you don't want to disappoint that person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi. Good advice. I haven't looked for a walking partner yet, because so far it has been impossible to keep up and that was discouraging. But my pace is improving, so soon that may not be an issue! And yes, you are so right... once I actually start the walk I'm energized and ready to go the distance.

    ReplyDelete