Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Results Show

I am feeling really good today. It's been a month since I started this and I can see so many positive results. First of all, I can say I am down 5 pounds! That's great for me. It has been many months since I could lose 5 pounds and stay there. I've been down 5 for a week now. I am one of those people who weigh themselves every day. It is the first thing I do when I get up in the morning and I go for every advantage; no shoes, no pjs. Just me.

Now, even though I weigh myself every day, I don't pay too much attention to the scale. I use it as a guide. My scale is getting old and some days it just weighs 'light'. When my weight is down I take it with a grain of salt. I don't accept the good news until it stays down. The other guide I use is measurement. I measure myself in multiple places once a week. It took a while but those results are in too and I've lost 5 inches overall, mostly in my lower body! YEA!!!

However, I have noticed many other things that tell me this exercise and diet program is really the right one for me.

1) The first thing I noticed was big. Aches and Pains. LESS OF THEM! A week into the diet the stairs became much easier to climb. A month in and the aches in my knees and thighs are gone. Is it because of the extra exercise? Maybe. But considering the quick improvement, I have to think it has more to do with the fact I cut out grains and sugar. I think the lower gluten levels are probably the biggest reason. Yes, this diet is one that agrees with me.

2) Energy and focus--My energy level is up. Each morning as I start the day, I know the walk comes right after breakfast. This has been a real jumpstart to my day. As a result, I've found my focus is also improved. I know what I'm going to do each day and I get to it. I feel like a different person. I'm enjoying the new 'me'. I'm also really excited that my motivation seems to be holding. I may have a weak day here or there, but I don't allow it to last more than a day or two.

3) Agility--When I tried to get up off the floor I would grab hold of something to balance and make it easier. Now I can stand up from a crouched position. I haven't done that in a while!

4) Speed--In the very beginning of this quest, I stated I needed to pick up the pace. Well, I have! A one mile walk was taking 25 minutes, but now I do it in 20 minutes and the huffing and puffing are gone. Now I'm working on the mile and a half route which includes 2 very steep hills. That's a work in progress, but some days I can make it up those hills without stopping. My goal is to do get to the same place I am on the mile route...no huffing and puffing!

5) This last result is really cool. My husband knows he needs to lose weight, but he can't find the mindset he needs to make the changes he needs. However, he has lost 5 pounds and I've seem him purposefully make good choices. The best was the night he agreed to walk with me. I know he's going on the road again soon and it won't last, but I'll enjoy it while I can. Someday, he may just find the power to stick to it, from watching me!
Now, that's a real reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment