Friday, August 20, 2010

OOPS!

I may have celebrated too soon. Although I was right to claim my 5 pound weight loss, I may have chosen the wrong reward for me! I haven't really identified how I want to reward myself, but I think that a small reward for every 5 pounds lost is fair. Wednesday night we went to the corvette club meeting and I had my usual strawberry and grilled chicken salad. It is delicious, and pretty low fat. I usually eat it with just a drizzle of the dressing, but I think I had more than usual and I'm sure it is pretty high in sugar. But that wasn't my mistake.

After the meeting, I really wanted something else. Larry usually stops at Dairy Queen on the way home and I've been very good about not getting anything. But not this week. Hmm, it really seemed like a small hot fudge sundae was due. I decided that was going to be my reward.
I'm still not sure it was the wrong thing, but the timing probably could have been better.
For one thing, if I'm going to treat myself to a high sugar treat, it needs to be early in the day so I have time to burn it off, instead of right before I go to bed. Secondly, I am embarking on a week where I will have multiple opportunities to eat out. It is always hard to manage my meals when other people are preparing them.

The last part of my problem was that I opted for a weights workout, rather than an aerobic walk yesterday. Not a bad thing, but it probably didn't help burn as many calories. Perhaps if I was working at a gym, it would have. Even though I tried to push myself, I know I never come close to working as hard as a trainer would make me work.

Bottom line...I'm up a pound today. It's not terrible, but after 10 days of being down, I was not happy to see that other number on the scale. Especially since I have to navigate vendor food at a car cruise tonight, a picnic tomorrow and Sunday. And next weekend I have 3 nights where we will eat at friends or at a restaurant. I will be happy if I MAINTAIN my weight through all that, let alone lose any.

It is times like these that dieters have to push through. Now is the time to persevere! Anyone have any words of wisdom or encouragement out there? I'm listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment