Monday, September 13, 2010

Another week, Another Pound

Weigh in Day was last Saturday, and I kept to my 1 pound a week average. I'm always glad to see the next lower number, even if I wish I saw it a little faster. When I measured myself that morning, I was also rewarded by noticing a 1 1/2" loss overall. This week my butt has earned my gratitude. It is only down an inch and a half over the whole 8 weeks, but it has shown the most steady decline. I've noticed in the past, when people notice I've lost weight it is the butt area that they comment on.

While the butt sticks to the plan, other areas are up one week and down another. I've wondered about the shift in other areas, especially the midriff and belly sections, and I think perhaps it is a fluctuation in bloating, water or air, that causes the shift more than anything. One thing that has always bugged me is that I can look almost svelte (for a chunky person) first thing in the morning, but when I'm ready to go out at night my middle has ballooned out again.

Oh well, if I can't have everything, I'll have to learn to appreciate what I've got. For now... it's that I've lost 8 pounds and almost 12 inches. The' middle' will come....I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment