Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Better Week

In some ways this week has been a better week. I pulled out the weights on Monday and Thursday, while Warren was in pre-school. That 2 hour period is a good time to walk or workout. I did a full body workout and did 3 sets of 15 reps. Thursday, I was up to 200 crunches. I feel good about that.
I've walked some, but there have been gorgeous days in which I didn't want to push it. On 2 days the ladybugs were swarming and if they get in your shirt they pinch. Ladybugs live in the soybean fields and eat the bugs. When the soybeans are harvested they swarm.
After the rain last weekend, the mosquitoes were out as well. That was another thing that kept me from walking.
Thursday was a beautiful day, but after all the rain, the fields are finally dry enough for harvest to begin in earnest. The road has been busy. I've lost track of the combines, carts, pickups and trucks that have gone by. Even Warren couldn't get to sleep because he'd hear them coming and get up to look out his window. I figured if I ventured out, I'd be lost in a cloud of dust and decided it was safer to stay home.
So much for walking.
My visit is almost over. I will be leaving on Saturday. I've noticed I have a different outlook towards getting home. I am really looking forward to resuming my workouts, my walks, and my diet. I truly feel that it is a result of this blog. Normally, I would think when I get home I'll get into a better routine, but I wouldn't have any real plan on how I would do that. Now I do.
When I started this, I hoped it would be the motivator I needed and would help keep me focused. It has done exactly that. The fact that no one reads it but me is fine. Maybe I would push harder if I had 50 followers urging me on or sharing their woes, but I don't think so. It actually works better than a friend or family member. I guess it's just my weird way. Which is fine. As long as it works I'll keep it up.
About that picture in the last post. I had been feelings as if I had made great progress. Friends had noticed my efforts. The pounds were coming off. Surely I must look great! And then that picture pointed out--Not So Much!! I'm down to where I was a 18 months ago and I didn't like how I looked then!
That picture only said: Well done so far, but you've got a long way to go Baby. Don't get ahead of yourself and don't slow down now!!!!
That's it for today.  When I get home I'll check the scales and get back into my old routine. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment